Legal Requirement of Legionella Training Courses:
The governing guidelines and instructions from the Health and Safety Executive (ACoP L8, and HSG 274) specifically state that lack of training is a key causative factor in Legionella outbreaks, and in controlling the risk associated with managing water systems. Hydro-X’s Legionella training courses have been specifically designed to address this in a way that is both relevant and cost-effective for businesses.
The HSE make it very clear that training of staff that work with water systems, and especially those responsible for the monitoring and management of those systems is a core requirement.
Our IOSH Legionella training courses cover the following topics:
- Epidemiology of legionnaire’s disease
- Ecology and microbiology of Legionella
- Health and safety legislation
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (MHSWR)
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (CoSHH)
- L8 Approved Code of Practice – Including the updates (HSG 274) released December 2013
- Conducting a Legionella risk assessment – a practical approach
- Hot and cold water systems
- Cooling towers
- Other water systems, including spa pools and humidifiers
- Building design
- Engineering controls, chemical/ionisation water treatment, water sampling/monitoring
- Maintenance programmes
- Record keeping
- Risk management and costs
These IOSH Legionella training courses provide an in-depth overview of the risks posed by Legionella bacteria and the tools available to evaluate and control them effectively.
The 2-day programme is designed to give delegates a thorough insight into their legal obligations regarding Legionella management and the principal factors that need to be considered when performing a Legionella risk assessment. Through a combination of tutor instruction and practical exercises, you will develop key skills in:
- Best practice approaches to managing Legionella bacteria
- The main components of an effective preventive maintenance plan
- The requirements of a successful water sampling programme
A final written assessment will ensure that participants leave our Legionella training courses with the ability to perform their Legionella management and management of service providers effectively.
† Course tickets are non-refundable. Transfers of delegate and/or date may be considered, subject to availability